This course targets senior executives and members of their teams occupying advanced leadership roles in microfinance insitutions. Through a unique combination of peer learning and the latest approaches to strategy and leadership this program will help participants to build a network of support that will grow themselves, their institution and the microfinance industry.
The course provides an opportunity to challenge executives to better understand their own leadership while offering experiences and the latest thinking that will help them to build a sustainable future and make a strong and lasting contribution to their own organizations and in the microfinance industry. The course design is based on a needs assessment which has identified current and future trends in the microfinance industry. Areas of focus may include:
* Individual approach to leadership and the double bottom line;
* Strategic thinking in competitive and evolving environments;
* Leading institutional change;
* Creating value in negotiations;
* Managing talent and developing a succession plan;
* Effectively managing relationships with clients, staff, and external stakeholders.