Briefing about the conference
Unique learning for next generation: the development of e-learning in the pursuit of the authentic goals of a knowledge-based society
Presenting scientific views, global experiences, and modern technologies in the field of e-learning and distance education.
1) Demonstrating the latest scientific research and studies in the field of e-learning and distance education.
2) Exchanging experiences among professionals and interested individuals on e-learning.
3) Anticipating the future of e-learning and distance education in the world of science.
4) Exploring new applications for e-learning environments.
5) Promoting cooperation and coordination within the educational community in the field of e-learning and training.
6) Benefiting from the global initiatives and recent trends in implementing e-learning systems in Saudi Arabia.
7) Participating in the effort of spreading e-learning and distance education in the wider community.
8) Highlighting and showcasing the role of e-learning and distance education in improving education and assuring its quality.
9) Enhancing the application of e-learning and distance education in higher education institutions in KSA.
Major themes and topics of the conference:
First: E-learning between theory and practice – International views:
1. Futuristic research in e-learning
2. Virtual universities and distance education
3. Issues related to the full implementation of e-learning
4. Best practices of e-learning and distance education
5. Intellectual property issues related to e-learning
6. E-learning and community institutions
7. Social networks and second generation applications of e-learning
Second: Design and development issues:
1. Interactions in e-learning
2. Curriculum development for e-learning
3. Instructional design for e-learning
4. Emerging trends in the design of e-learning environments
5. Teaching strategies for e-learning
6. Resource development for learners with special needs
7. Development of electronic curriculum
8. Content and learning management systems
Third: New software and technologies:
1. Infrastructure requirements for distance and e-learning
2. Virtual classrooms and laboratories
3. Smart systems for e-learning and distance learning
4. Interactive e-learning systems
5. New technologies for learners with special needs
6. Publishing tools for e-learning
Fourth: Management and delivery of e-learning:
1. Planning for e-learning
2. Successful policies for e-learning
3. Knowledge management in e-learning systems
4. E-learning resource management
5. Operation Management for distance education
6. Marketing and dissemination of e-learning programs
7. Developing organizational approaches to e-learning
8. Distance education universities and their management systems
Fifth: Quality assurance in e-learning and distance education:
1. Principles of moral and professional behavior in e-learning
2. Quality management and evaluation in e-learning systems
3. Social and cultural issues related to e-learning
4. Training of individuals participating in e-learning
5. Models of exemplary application of e-learning concepts
6. Standards and benchmarks for e-learning
7. Promoting readiness for e-learning and distance learning
Sixth: Evaluation and assessment issues:
1. Evaluation in e-learning
2. Strategies for evaluation in e-learning
3. Best practices in e-learning
4. The nature and attributes of effective electronic evaluation and assessment